Well, I must say I’m very excited to introduce my series “Finds + Love”.
Let me explain how it works:
Every week or so I’ll share things I “find” or things I “love” right now. It will usually include things that are on my radar (as in things I’m looking to try or buy soon like restaurants, products, books, etc.).
So without further fuss – here is my first ever Finds + Love!
- Spiced Pantry had to be #1 because of the person behind the company; my college roommate. She recently launched a unique food subscription service that features a variety of cuisines from different countries, and best of all, it’s delivered to your home! Can’t go to the country? Let it come to you! We’ve come a long way since our Ramen noodle days during our freshman year 🙂 Check out her personal blog too, From Up North With Love. I never knew she could cook like this! If that was the case, I would’ve had her cook real authentic ramen or somethin’ fancier for me in the dorm! Nonetheless, I’m very proud of what she’s doing, and I see nothing but success in Spiced Pantry’s future. Check out Spiced Pantry at www.spicedpantry.com. I’ll be ordering soon.
- Tumeric. Tumeric works. I’m not kidding. I first started getting into tumeric over the Summer when I had a mild case of sciatica. Blah. I opted against the steroids my orthopedic doctor wanted to prescribe, and went the natural route drinking loads of ginger and tumeric tea for inflammation and pain. Recently, I’ve been looking into other ways to use tumeric, and discovered Tumeric Tea (or Golden Milk). I’ll do a follow up post after I try it, but I’m excited. I found my recipe on Wellness Mama. Have you ever tried it? Leave thoughts in comments.
- Two words: Justin. Bieber. Photo Cred: (Hip Hop DX). His album is soooo goooooodddd. I really respect what the Biebs did here. My favorite songs are: Sorry, Love Yourself, What Do You Mean, I’ll Show You, and Life Is Worth Living.
- Miracle On 7th St in DC. Photo Cred: http://www.washingtonian.com. I’m always looking for things to do in the city and came across this. I’m trying to get some people to go to happy hour with me–we’ll see how it goes. I know they got my e-vite smh I feel myself getting in the holiday spirit!!! Although this is the like the 10th year in a row where Santa skipped my house *side eye* j/k.
- Last but not least, I picked up these babies at Safeway. These are also a Hypebeast buy because I really only bought them based on how they looked. Cute little High Brew cans. And they were “new” this week at the grocery store *shoulder shrug*. I haven’t tried them yet, if they’re nasty I’ll delete this entire post so that my street cred isn’t ruined.
Talk to you guys later!! Stay warm!